Hub is crashing

Hello All
I am helping a client out, we are having trouble with the HE hub (C5), keep losing network connection.
I thought that it might be the hub so we replaced the hub (C5), both of the hubs are now on the network and IP's are reserved.
The hub that I thought was having issues was factory reseted, and is now not losing connection. But the new replacement hub is losing connection to the network at least 4 -5 times in a 24hour cycle.
I was just starting to add all the powered z-wave devices to the network and now it is starting to do the same, I have no control over the timing, it is completely random and there are no custom drivers, or apps loaded yet, I also have not started with the automation's, the only things on the hub when it started was 10 Fibaro z-wave plus relays.
The response to the relays is instantaneous , I am thinking of creating one simple automation rule tomorrow to see if the hub is still running, as I can not access the IP address.
The client has a very robust network and 3 Cisco GB switches, I have changed it to all three and get the same results, I also have restarted the network but the HE hub does not come back, I then are forced to power cycle, as no other shutdown method is possible when you can not access the hub via web browser.
Is is possible that one relay that is acting up can cause this?

Could it be related to this?

1 Like

Make sure the hubs aren't sitting on top of something warm/hot. My spare C5 and C7 will both lock up solid every few days if I leave them setting on top of my (what I would call a luke warm) switch.

I don’t see any mention of a UPS. Is it possible that the site has power issues?

Yes UPS is installed, but that is besides the point, we are not talking about power issues.

That’s useful new information not provided in your original post entitled “Hub is crashing.” In the absence of complete facts, I was just trying to respond to your request for help. I’ve seen hub crashes caused by power issues. Whatever.

1 Like

Thanks for the advise, I have seen that to, and thats why we have installed the UPS, sorry for not including that in the original post.
Because I knew that this was not caused by any power issues that caused a db corruption, does not mean all would know this.

I was having a similar issue. It happened less frequently but every few days, the hub would drop from the network. As of today, it will not link with the switch for more than a few seconds . Latest firmware was installed a couple of weeks ago. I've reported it twice to support and both responses were referred to engineering.

Now I just have a brick.

i assume you have all tried different cables and different switch ports.. ive seen both go bad.

1 Like

That would be a fair assumption, however, in a seriously amateur move, I never checked it. It appears that it was indeed the switchport on my MikroTik router that failed.

glad you worked it out..

Just some feedback.
The configuration change, fixed the issue.
Thanks

1 Like