Hub dying no changes

I thought the zwave bug was from changes or something to the db.
But hub was working fine last night today no changes and zwave is locked with hub busy in hub log and no zwave traffic.. I shutdown and pulled plug and rebooted.. it worked for a half hour now froze again.. any ideas.. what a pain the โ– โ– โ– .

restored backup and trying repair i am on 2.2.2
One thing i noticed is none of zwave or zwave plus devices are using the aeon repeaters i installed . i put 2 ver 6 and on ever 7 in and none are routing through them as shown in the zwave logs.. Is this one of the bugs.. ???

I am also looking for some older ge/jasco zwave plus paddle switches (not dimmer) if anyone has leads as i have been unable (hit/miss) to include the newer s2 enbrighten ones in the hub sucessfully.

Have you done a zwave repair yet ?

Yes 2the repeaters failed pair . Is that normal.

Your Zwave network might be being flooded by something like a bad device or rule.
That could explain the odd Zwave behavior and why a couple of repeaters timed out.
If it was me Iโ€™d think about disabling some / all of your remote devices, leaving only a couple of repeaters powered and active. Then run a Zwave repair. Make sure theyโ€™re detected by monitoring the logs.
Then re-enable 6 or so of your other Zwave devices and run another Zwave repair.
Go make a cup of tea or take a walk and leave it for a couple of hours before adding in more devices etc

ya not happening it took me over a week with much difficutly to get the devices added.. why would restoring from a backup fix it.. Also i have checked the logs nothing in the logs to indicate this is happening.. so the repeaters should respond in a zwave repair .. devices in the same room with them do but not the repeaters.. i dont think it is a bad device otherwise whay are all 3 repeaters that paired fine in secure mode one aeon 7 and two 6s not responding in repair.. also during repair i saw in the zwave logs some devices using one of the repeaters.. my guess is it is a problem with the firmware in the hub or the repeater device handler..

ok i change the device type for the aeotec ver 7 range extender.. now i see this in the zwave logs.. before nothing so it looks like there maybe is an issue in the hub with this device.. it paired fine see the logs.. the device type i changed to is this

see the pictures below.. also one of the ver 6 repeaters is now working even though it did not respond in repair.. also see picture.. thanks in advance for looking into this

note basement repeater is the ver 7m, basement freezer repeater. is the ver 6. right above the freezer so the siginal gets through the metal cover which agian even though repair said it failed seems to be working as the temp sensor in the freezer is working fine.. otherwise no signal.

also after restore of backup and reboot. and repair. it has now been up for over 24 hours with no issues.. when it is down nothing appears in zwave logs.. i have periodically been monitoring both the logs and the zwave log and dont see anyting strange.. other than a few device types that i have turned debugging off on..

also look at the repeater that is not working closely in the last screen shot.. there is something majorly wrong as it is not evefy on the same transmit channgel but it looks fine in the device logs and paired fine in s2 mode.. there has got to be something more going on .. bad device ? or hub issue? or driver ?

all other devices in the zwave logs my transmit channel is 1

And just as you report [quote="kahn-hubitat, post:8, topic:48442"]
it has now been up for over 24 hours with no issues.
[/quote] out comes a hot fix :blush:
Are you tempted ??

Not yet now that I have all but a few devices. I am still in 2.2.2. Will wait and see what the consensus is this time. I wishbyhe cloud backup including radio tables was up and running. I have a spare hub coming and if I could value be my setup and try the upgrade on the spare that would be perfect.