Hub dying? Extremely slow to load or won't load at all

@bobbyD I sent an email on the issue but also posting here hoping someone know of a way to fix this. My hub has been dying a slow death or something. Every time I power cycled the hub lately, it comes up to the main page (eventually) then shows "Zigbee Network is not online". It takes forever to navigate to another page if it can load at all.

I just ordered another HUB so I can have a spare. I would to get this one working again. Setting up holiday lights but automation is not working is not winning the wife over.

First question is always...

Are you running any custom code or 3rd party Apps? If so, which ones?

I guess that's two questions :grin:

no webcore, no influxdb (removed after the last fiasco), Smartlife RGB smartapp (removed after last fiasco). Only thing on there are: DSC Integration (been running this for months), Message Central (again, been using for months), Open Contact Check (again, been using for months).

That's about all I have for custom code. If a rouge smartapp is the cause, then I would like the ability to boot the HUB in where NO CUSTOM CODES are loaded as a way to diagnose issue (HUB SAFE MODE)

For Now, the hub will boot into the main page then that's about it. I can't navigate anywhere else.

1 Like

From some other posts I've seen...

Shut down the hub from the menu (if you can). Remove the 'stick' and boot back up. Once completely booted up, shut back down from the menu. Then put the stick back in and boot it back up.

Chances are that you may have a corrupt database. @bobbyD can safely help you with that. He helped me with one a few months ago. Everything worked out well.

There are instructions for going back to fix a database here on the forums but it's best to have Bobby look at it first.

Thanks for the suggestion, trying it now.

Test1: Reboot HUB without USB stick installed.
Result: Hub is responsive loading all pages. (tried this again but this time the hub is unresponsive so back to square 1)

Test2: Reboot with USB stick Installed.
Result: Hub load fine, was able to navigate to log page and see device updating the log but then can't navigate anywhere else. UNRESPONSIVE again :frowning: Do i have a device spamming the HUB?

if support isnt on it already … try the following:

1. close all open browser windows for portal except one
  2. reboot hub from that open window and once reboot starts close that window as well
  3. let hub sit for 15 mins … no logging in to portal during these 15 mins
  4. log in to portal
  5. from backup and restore restore a version of DB before issues started
  6. wait for restore to finish and hub to reboot
  7. let hub sit for 15 mins … no logging in to portal during these 15 mins
  8. log in to portal and check if hub is normal again
2 Likes

Can't even get into the backup/restore page.

Finally... Rebooted and left it for 15 minutes and things are working.

3 Likes

glad to hear … i have seen that work a few times now.

1 Like

+10000

J

2 Likes