Hub continually disconnects/reconnects from network

New Hubitat user, coming from SmartThings. I noticed my new hub stops running automations about every 4-5 days or so. Light will be green but devices won't respond and I'm unable to access hub until unplugging power and letting it reboot. I read about others who had a similar experience and as a result I have:
-Replaced the ethernet cord
-Verified static IP reservation
-Changed ethernet speed to 100
-performed a soft reboot and restored

Unfortunately I'm still having the same issue.
My router allows me to get notified when a device connects/disconnects and after enabling I learned that my Hub disconnects from the network about 5 times throughout the day. Sometimes it reconnects after 1 minute, 3 minutes, 8 minutes, 11 minutes...no apparent consistency. Eventually it never reconnects and then it is inaccessible until I do another unplug/reboot.

Any ideas? Hub plugs directly into a TP-Link Deco M9.

What strikes me as odd is if it were just a network failure any devices directly connected to HE via zigbee or ZWAVE would still work, though integrations with other hubs or IP devices would not. Can you confirm when you say devices won't respond you're talking about zigbee/zwave devices as well as IP-based devices? WHen the failure happens are you able to connect to the hub's diagnostics page on port 8081? Are you still able to ping the hub?

To address intermittant network connectivity I would suggest a couple of things. First, under settings / network setup, try enabling auto-reconnect:

Second, if that doesn't do it, I'd try another TPLink node or at least another switch port just to make sure.

It might also be worth taking a look at the logs once you get the hub back online. I wonder if something is causing it to go south.

1 Like

You can also try connecting to the diagnostics page at port 8081...

1 Like

Also look at your app/device logs to see if any cloud devices are spamming your hub. That can cause network weirdness. Worst case install a watchdog app to reboot every so often.

sorry not you @brad5 , I meant @RodeoRad :smile:

1 Like

So I plugged into a different node and had no problems, everything stayed connected and functioned normally…for about 10 days. Now I’m back in the same cycle. I have done a soft reset. And I even reset my zigbee and zwave radios, so no devices are connected and no apps installed. Just running the basic software, and the hub disconnects from the network every hour or two.
Any ideas? Do I have a defective hub?

1 Like

You should contact ST support and let them investigate.

@bobbyD, maybe this is something you should look at.

1 Like

It could be a defective hub, but the fact that it ran fine for 10 days may point to your router. If the hub was bad, you wouldn't have gotten 10 days without incident. In any case, send me a PM with your hub ID or MAC address and we will further investigate.

2 Likes

Thanks for the PM with your hub details. Based on your hub's engineering logs, it doesn't look like the problem is with the hub but rather with the mobile device. I would remove the mobile app from both phones, then reinstall it. Also, you may want to keep an eye on Logs/past logs to see if the problem is resolved.