Http Get Message - Why is this so hard?

Seems half the time I attempt to use HTTP Get in RM I run into unexplained hurdles. I don't understand these problems. Below is my latest RM that will not work. I have tried everything imaginable even hardcode the setHubVariable and/or urlEncode but nothing seems to work. I can copy the url as shown in the rule or the log and paste it into a browser address bar and it works fine. I even recreated this rule in Eventghost python and it works fine. Below is the rule followed by the log. While this rule runs without errors, the message never gets to the receiving rule pointed to by the url

the GET call is not formatted properly. It should look like:

GET http://someaddress.com?var1=val1&var2=val2&var3=val3

yours looks more like:

GET http://someaddress.com=message:zoomval,50?var1=val1?var2=val2

Ignoring the particular issue for a second, are there two different hubs involved here? If not, you can simplify this quite a bit (and avoid this issue in the first place) since you don't need the HTTP API to do this then.

Do tell....

That does not even look close to my GET

I'm guessing @bertabcd1234 is thinking about using Hub Mesh instead of making the API call.

Options include: If you want the modes to sync between the hubs, you can have one hub follow the modes on the other. Then you can just run this rule on the hub at .148

If you need to keep the modes separate, you can create a hub variable on the hub where you currently have this rule (Hubitat C7-1?). Use this rule to set the local hub variable, and use hub mesh to access that hub variable from the .148 hub.

Aren't you just setting a hub variable? Rule Machine has built in actions for that. (But maybe I'm missing something you're doing...)

Not quite but I am leaning that way. The "receiving" rule will zoom a camera either in or out depending on whether it is sunset or sunrise. The above rule sends the zoom type (in or out) and the last number of the camera ip ( 50 currently hardcoded ) to the "receiver" rule using the GET.

The plan was to make this generic so I could use it for any camera/IP. I could eliminate the above rule and duplicate the "receiver" for each camera but this rule is pretty complicated with things such as camera login tokens, login timeouts, etc not to mention the POST commands. I would hate to have to modify multiple versions of the same rule should I need to make 1 change. Using global variables may be an interim solution however..... This does not address the real problem with the GET. I may find a workaround for this but I know from past experience it will pop up again in the future.