HSM water - audio alerts for Sonos speakers not working

I have audio alerts configured in several RM 4 rules and they work fine. For some reason when I configure an audio alert in HSM for water detection events nothing happens. I have tried it with each of my various Sonos speakers. Anyone else running into this issue by any chance? Possible bug?

The text/Pushover alerts work fine btw...

EDIT: added another screenshot showing the logs for the Dining Room Sonos. Something seems amiss...

I had an eerily similar issue with my water alerts with respect to setting bulb colors. I could set the color with any app, but with HSM it would generate errors and fail.
If I manually created a custom alert in HSM that used the same devices and actions, it worked fine.I'm part of the beta program so I know this will be fixed for me in the next f/w release.
This is the thread of my issue

Something for you to try (since you have Sonos speakers) is to setup your SpeakTo action differently. If you are currently using "speech device", try using a "music device" instead...and vice versa if needed.

If that fails as well, try doing like I did and create a Custom Alert in HSM. Set it up exactly like you did in the Water alert and report back here.

Thanks for your response! So I took your suggestions and tried them out.

First I tried changing it from "speech device" to "music device" and it didn't make any difference.

However, creating a HSM Custom Alert exactly as I had it configured for my regular Water alert worked -- audio notification came out of my Sonos speakers...

@bravenel, @mike.maxwell :point_up_2:

@stephack, @bravenel, @mike.maxwell

Well, I believe I figured out the bug. Notice in my original post the message has that 'M&M Home' reference in it. It turns out that ampersand & prevented the audio alert from playing on my Sonos speakers. I changed the message to "OH MY GOD, water has been detected at: %device%" and it plays fine using the HSM water alerts configuration. Also, I think I will just keep the new verbiage... :grinning:

was this the case when you sent the same text (minus the device ref) directly from the sonos driver?

@mike.maxwell

I just tried it, directly from the Sonos driver for my Dining Room Sonos device:

This played fine: OH MY GOD, IT'S FULL OF STARS

This did not play from the speaker: OH MY GOD, M&M HOME

The logs show the following as a result of sending the message with the ampersand...

dev:17202019-08-19 01:59:12.220 pm warn no message returned...

dev:17202019-08-19 01:59:09.087 pm warn no message returned...

The only thing I can think of is the & is an escape character in http which I'm guessing is how the message is being transported to the cloud to be made into a sound clip?