HSM Synchronization with Ring

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Hubitat and am currently working on standing up all connections, integrations and whatnot to ensure I'm then able to efficiently manage my home and security via Dashboards.

So far, I was able to get Ring synchronized to Hubitat and it works pretty well. My only issue is that when I use HSM to arm Away and I setup a Delay, it takes 60 seconds before it sends the command to Ring which then has another 60 second delay built in.

However, if I arm Ring Away it starts the HSM Countdown right away. So I'm clearly missing a step in the HSM to Ring Rule that will trigger the Ring countdown at the same time as the HSM countdown is triggered.

Here is my current rule. I tried setting the HSM Away delay to 0 but adding a delay in the rule, however the countdown in the dashboard does not work with this methodology and it simply arms it instantly.

Thoughts?

For anyone running into the same issue, the Trigger Events is HSM Status reports Delayed Arming Away rather than Armed Away.

This will allow the rule to set Ring's Hub to Away at the same time as HSM and if you set the delay timer to 90 seconds on both sides, they'll arm concurrently.

1 Like

Just be aware Hubitat is NOT a security device and should not be relied on for critical things (like security or health)

Yeah I'm pretty aware, the end-goal is to be able to control my actual alarm system through Hubitat. The only option is by synchronizing HSM or simply trashing the idea of Hubitat as my main dashboard and go with something else like the Echo Hub from Amazon Alexa.

:roll_eyes: