HSM failure to arm away due to open contact?

I’ve been making do with this updated feature to arm with window open, but it has been very quirky. It had never seemed to work properly and only notified me that the window was open without arming the alarm. It finally worked properly last night, arming the system with the window open and notifying me that it did. Well, that was until my wife decided to close the window in the middle of the night, setting off the alarm. Is it supposed to trigger when a window is closed as well as opened? Seems like it should just be when opening.

Please show a screenshot of the HSM main page, and logs from what it's doing.

AFAIK a contact closed does not trigger HSM and rely upon this behavior to armAway HSM with the garage door open, then close the garage door as I leave the house. When the garage door opens, the HSM away delay countdown triggers.

That said, I have one window contact sensor that is rather temperamental, sending a contact closed, a contact open, then another contact closed when the window closes. When the system is unarmed it's no problem, however when the system is armed, the contact open will trigger an alarm.

Check the offending device's event log for unexpected contact open events.

#arnb, you are correct! Within 2 seconds, it sent a CLOSED, OPEN, CLOSED. It’s an old Iris contact sensor. Thanks.

1 Like