HSM Exit Delay Notifications

No, that is not what it means at all. It means that when you tell HSM to arm away, it will wait 60 seconds before doing so. It will be disarmed during that 60 seconds.

Your best bet is to look at the HSM app events, and show those. Likewise with RM. You don't show the RM rule reporting being triggered. Also, why are you using a triggered rule instead of just a trigger? Don't you just want this to happen when the Delayed Arming Away event happens? No need for condition and rule.

Have to see the app events...

This is not the case as I have discovered. When you arm HSM from a keypad, it enters its own exit delay countdown. It only reports status back to HE when the countdown is complete. At that time, the hub goes into armed away mode immediately with no additional countdown. So, if arming from a keypad, HE never goes into armed-delay. The only time that HE goes into armed delay is when is when it is armed from something other than a keypad. This is due to the fact that the keypad doesn't report back till the arm is complete.

This is as per @mike.maxwell on another thread about the Iris keypad.

Is there any way of making a TTS warning announcement (say by subscribing to a system event) when the keypad has started the exit mode countdown?

Note I realize the keypad was sent a command to issue the exit delay tones, and HE has a timed command waiting to set away mode, or be canceled should a keypad off command is issued. AFAIK keypads do not issue any messages at the completion of an entry or exit delay command.

That is incorrect according to @mike.maxwell. From what I have been told, the keypad only issues its armed message after its exit delay. So, when armed from a keypad, there is no exit delay issued by HSM. This is very evident when you have 2 keypads, as I do. When you arm from one, it goes through its delayed exit countdown, after which HSM is armed. Then keypad #2 goes through its exit delay countdown even though the system itself is already armed.

This is also incorrect if you have 2 keypads because of the way the messaging to them works. When HSM issues an arm away command to the keypads, they begin their countdown. If you were to enter your code on one and therefore disarm that keypad, the system would disarm. However, when keypad 2 finishes its countdown it will then arm HSM with no exit delay and keypad #1 would begin its exit delay even though the system is fully armed. The only way I have found is to allow the system to arm, and during intrusion delay, enter the disarm code.

Now you see why I was so frustrated when I was trying to get my second keypad to work.

Also, if you have only one keyad once you arm the system and it goes into exit delay, the only way to disarm it, is from they keypad. If you disarm from a dashboard, once the exit delay on the keypad is finished, HSM will be armed.

I don't know if all of this is how it's intended to work or if it's the only way it can work but that's the way it does work, today.

Ryan
I beg to differ. I wrote the SHM Delay smartapp with full keypad support in ST. Keypads work as I explained in my initial message.

Aside from admin messages: battery, temperature, pairing, etc, Keypads issue messages for:
Arm/Disarm Requests (sent on initial pin or request entry)
Panic (some models)
Tamper

They receive commands for
Exit delay with a time
Enry delay with a time.
Turning on status key lights: Off, Partial, On (iris), Away, Night, Stay, Off-no icon lit (Centralite)

Without a hub controlling the keypad, it is a very dumb device.

In ST when a disarm is received from any souce prior to an exit delayed away occurring, all keypads are set off stopping the exit delay sounds (only), and the pending software away request is cancelled. I use two keypads for various functions, they are the only devices I have not moved to Hubitat for reasons you just described.

I'm just telling you what I was told and what HE does today. I know that the current behavior is what I said, since I spent two days trying to get it to work differently. If something else is possible, then give me a driver that will do that. Please!!

I'll be working on sorting the multiple keypad issues with HSM shortly, I have 4 different models to deal with, and only two of them work exactly the same...

I don't envy you this one. But if anyone can sort it out....
Thanks Mike!