HSM Error

Tagging @mike.maxwell

Found this a few times in the logs. App 39 is HSM. I was testing, first set night mode, then disarmed

app:392019-04-01 22:13:09.837 infoDisarmed

app:392019-04-01 22:12:56.410 errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'entry' is not supported by device. (intrusionHandlerAway)

What keypad driver?

One using HE Iris V2
One using modified for HE version of ST Centralite/Iris DTH by Mitch Pond

If I had to guess it's the latter causing the error. So what is the 'entry' command supposed to do.

Correction on my initial post. The error occurred when setting system into Away status.

There were extensive modifications required to the keypad drivers to acomodate operation with HSM.
Even if I disclose all of them it's unlikely a ported driver will ever work properly with HSM.
2.0.8 includes these new drivers, however there are still a few bugs that I'm chasing down and expect updates to most if not all of them in 2.0.9.

Mike
My keypads are the only devices not moved over from ST to Hubitat. I've waited patiently for the last five months for keypad support to mature. Meanwhile the keypads stay on ST happily working with my SHM Delay smartapp using the HE Send Hub Event app to sync the ST mode to HE. I do not send the HE mode and state to ST, it causes a cross system state/mode setting loop. Meaning I currently arm only with ST.

I've previously ported the basic commands: disarm, armAway, armStay, armNight, and created a dummy routine for entry, for now. Honestly, I feel I can make a remnant of my SHM Delay app work in HE. I'm close, but would prefer not having to do so. My code does not use the HSM keypad logic and I expect the DH would be much more reliable in HE than ST, without cloud and internet delays creating keypad timeout issues.

Another reason for me using my keypad DTH and app on HE is I use my keypads to run tasks, such as opening my garage door, and turning on a light by entering non-arming pin codes. Are there any plans to create an event for an invalid keypad pin code entry that includes the invalid pin? Then this could be easily done in RM or simple app.

As a side note I added code to my DH that handles the multiple mode setting issue I previously reported.

I dont know what the deal with the dashboard is at this point. Currently there aren't any plans to create an event for invalid pin codes, mostly as locks aren't capable of this, and I think it would be confusing even though they use different capabilities.
You should be able to arm disarm HSM using other capabilities than the keypads, this would allow you to continue to use your existing keypad driver.

Yes leaving all other HSM arm/disarm intact and in use, and subscribing to Arming and Mode changes should work.

I'm currently attempting to purchase another Iris V2 or Centralite V2/V3 keypad for HE testing, with or without using my DH. With Iris and Centralite gone, they are as rare as hens teeth, and only available on Ebay and perhaps Craigslist.

yeah, its a shame, the real shame however is the Iris V3 keypad, that device is much less fidgety than the others.
The centraLite 3 buttons are better than the Iris V2, and there's some early firmware versions of the V2 which makes them quite dodgy...

1 Like

I know it's been a while since this thread became inactive, but in the last days I'm receiving the same exact error arnb received. I'm using arnb's Nyckelharpa app (very nice app!), and I'm also using the same driver for my Centralite keypads. HSM has been working with no issues until now, so that's why I don't understand what has changed.

There's only one difference: my log says the error occurs on line 917.

Did you find the way to patch this error? What can I do to avoid it?

Please post the app or driver name with the error.

The error I'm getting is this:

errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'entry' is not supported by device. on line 917 (intrusionHandlerAway) and the app is HSM

What keypad and driver is it using ?

Centralite keypad and the driver is Centralitex keypad.

please view my latest post in the Nyckelharpa thread.
I've not seen the entry error on my recent logs, however another user has also reported it. Hopefully an easy fix adding a dummy "entry" command to the keypad driver once I'm back at my home computer.

1 Like

Thank you, arnb.

Any new ideas in the HSM or Centralitex keypad error on line 917 (intrusionHandlerAway/Home/Night)?
My alarm is completely useless now, and it was working fine a few days ago. I'm getting this error at any time HSM detects an intrusion of any type.
Line 917 is the last line in the Centralitex keypad driver, so I don't understand where the problem could be.
Thank you.

For anyone experiencing this error, try the following
In Centralitex driver After line 112 add

command "entry"

Save, try it, please post your results

I have been trying it, and it works! It works with home, night and away modes, so my alarm is useful again. Thank you, arnb!

I don't know if it has something to do with it, but while I was trying HSM, I received dozens of messages like this one:

2020-01-29 18:47:08.136 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_mitchpond_Centralitex_Keypad_360.setExitDelay() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[nightDelay:60, homeDelay:60, awayDelay:300]] Possible solutions: setExitAway(java.lang.Object), setExitStay(java.lang.Object), setEntryDelay(java.lang.Object) (setExitDelay)

Thank you for testing that fix. Great to know that it works. Something may have changed in the past few weeks.

centralitex driver is not directly compatible with HSM.