HSM Enabling itself!

My HSM on my C7 is suddenly enabling itself, I'm not sure why. The only way I have it set to be enabled is via a virtual button that is accessible by some tablets and my laptop. The logs say this virtual button is getting pushed every 15 seconds or so. I went so far as to physically turn off all of the tablets & phones that have access to this virtual button, and it was STILL enabling itself. I then went into HSM and removed the virtual button from an option to enable HSM, and then rebooted the hub, and my HSM STILL is enabling on its own every 15 seconds or so.

I upgraded firmware yesterday to 2.3.7.146, but this didn't start happening until today.

I ended up disabling HSM.

I'm going to revert to the backup I have from before the most recent update and see if that fixes it.

@support_team

1 Like

Reverting to a previous platform version doesn't require restoring a backup. The two are independent, unless clearly marked in the release notes that a platform update may alter the database. If you'd like to reverse the update, head to Diagnostic Tool and select Restore previous version.

Let us know if reverting the update fixes your issue.

1 Like

reverting to the old firmware fixed the problem. I then put the new firmware on and the problem returned. the new firmware is absolutely an issue

1 Like

I need to humble myself, correct myself, and provide more info.

I was wrong to accuse the firmware of the bug, that is not it. It has nothing to do with hubitat. It has nothing to do with my wall-mounted tablet. It has to do with the CASE for my wall-mounted tablet, it is causing ghost touches on my tablet. This is VERY odd as I haven't touched that tablet for a week, and it's been working flawlessly for years. I swapped the tablet in that case with another tablet and the same issue happened to the other tablet.

Why would the same, untouched case start causing ghost touches on a tablet?!

4 Likes

Ok, after a couple of weeks of troubleshooting I figured out what was the problem. Above I claimed that swapping a tablet into the troublesome case was the issue, well, I never plugged that tablet in while testing it. After plugging in a different tablet, using the same case, in the same power outlet, the problem returned. I tried a different charging cable, problem returned. I then ran a power cord across the room, using the same case & tablet, to another power outlet. Problem fixed. So what is going on?

I pulled the power outlet that is behind the tablet out of the wall. It had a loose ground wire. A loose ground wire was causing phantom/ghost touches on the tablet's touch screen while it was charging. I have so many questions, such as "Really? The ONE outlet in the house I paid someone to install before I learned to do it happens to be the one with a loose ground?" And "Why in the world would a recepical's ground wire cause a plugged in tablet to do phantom touches" .... and lastly, simply put, is "WTF?!" :smiley:

Anyways, a week after tightening the ground on the outlet, the problem is fixed.

The one thing I cannot figure out is that when I powered off the troublesome tablet, I still had devices that were on that tablet's dashboard turning themselves on and off for hours. The only thing I can think of was the phantom touches had been pressed so many times that Hubitat had a backlog of events to execute.

2 Likes