HSM Dashboard tile bug with color settings

Patrick has announced that they are reworking the dashboard in an upcoming release. Below offers some sneak peeks.

Hi I have the same issue. I'm also on 2.0.6.112. Any idea when it will be fixed?? When do you think the keypad will be available, same update?

This is only occurring when the HSM status is changed by the presence sensing. When armed & disarmed by the tile in the dashboard the colors change

They haven’t committed to a release date on the new dashboard.

The new dashboard was released yesterday. That problem is fixed.
There was a post a couple of days ago about there going to be a keypad in HSM, I can't see how to add that? Or was it not in the release?

To add a pin to HSM and / or Modes, you go into the Dashboard App in Apps, pick the individual dashboard and go into the advanced section and set pins for each.

1 Like

Hubitat Elevation™ Platform Version
Hardware Version
Rev C-5

I setup a PIN to change modes and it worked great. Now I go to remove it and I can't. I can change it from "1234" to "1", but if I try to delete the "1" it still asks me for a PIN. Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Did you reload your dashboard?

Yes, I reloaded, still did not work.
I did find a fix. Go into the dashboard, select config, hit advanced. Go to the bottom and find the encrypted PIN in the code, mine was
"modesPin": "MTIzNA==",
I removed that and hit SAVE. This cleared it.

I did not touch the line
"modePin": "",
that line is still in the code. It is in all my dashboards, only the modesPin line was in the dashboard that I had set a PIN for the mode change.

I am still seeing this issue on the latest release (2.1.4.130). When I set the HSM template for Armed Home like this:

This is what I actually get:

When I set the settings for Disarmed to this:

I get the correct coloring.

When I reverse the settings for armed home, that does not change the color of the tile at all. It appears that the tile is not respecting the custom color options. The option "Do Not Use Default Tile Colors" also has no effect on the tile. So, @patrick, it does not appear that this was ever addressed.

UPDATE: @bravenel @bobbyD Can this be logged as an issue please?

we are back to this.. at one point my hsm status showed colors .. now not anymore..

does anyone know the template name to put them in the code

any attemp i make to change the color regardless of value under the hsm template ... the tile just dissappears from the dashboard till i remove the code.

Any way to set a tile back to the original defaults? Every time I remove the colors and try to hit default it does not seem to go back to the original grey color. Getting the opacity correct on a slider is very difficult. It would be ideal if there was a number value we could assign.

Go to the template that you edited and click the remove state button for each state you want to update. I'm not home to validate this through the hubs local web page, but it did work from the mobile app.

That did it. Thanks.