HSM controlled by alexa help

Hi there sorry if this was addressed before

i have many door/window sensors and alexa routines for all of them to announce when they open.

i have hsm setup to enable these devices with a virtual switch. and rules to set the hsm to away-armed and disarmed when the switch is on or off

i'm not sure how to disable these selected devices on disarm however?
secondly alexa still announces when hsm is disarmed

any help is greatly appreciate

-Eric

You can't enable/disable an Alexa routine from HE but if you used virtual devices to report open and close to Alexa you could stop those HE devices from reporting changes.

If you are using HE to send the announcements to Alexa that is easier to control, but if a Alexa routine is making the announcement it changes how you might approach this. I am sure what you want can be accomplished but it depends on how you have HSM and these contacts setup. A specific example of your current setup would be helpful.

2 Likes

Thanks for responding - below is my logic for arming/disarming hsm
i created a virtual switch called security system
when that switch is turned on, hsm will arm-away, when it turns off hsm will disarm.

my door sensors are connected to hsm and also exposed to alexa (with routines)

my thinking going into this was that if hsm were disarmed the door/window sensors would be disabled and not report changes/trigger the alexa routines but what i'm finding is that they still do.
even when hsm is disarmed the alexa routines continue to trigger.

i suppose i could create virtual devices for each sensor and rule for each one to only trigger when hsm is armed but that seems a bit over developed, maybe there is a simpler way?

any advice is greatly appreciated.
thanks
Eric

armed:

disarmed:

No need to expose anything but the virtual switch to alexa. The reason is alexa will keep notifying you of windows and doors opening if you expose them... The sensors won't be disabled.

Thanks for the reply. you mean to create a virtual switch for each device then?
No other way around it?

thanks
Eric

No, you just a virtual switch for arming/disarming. You cant disable individual sensors.