HSM Configure Intrusion Audio Alerts

Hi all;
One of the main features I love from HE is that everything works offline. That's why I want to make all my sytem not depending on the cloud. Voice notifications are great but to use TTS we need to be connected to www at least one first time and I don't like that... that's why I use VLCThings using pre-recorded tracks (this do not need www at all).

So, I would like to request a change on HSM, specifically on the section "Configure Intrusion Audio Alerts" and is to include the possibility to use options like this one:

right now we can only configure TTS as audio alerts:

Can this be possible in a future release?

I will look into this.

Added for next release:

4 Likes

I don't know how you do it... but I realize you always respond fast bravenel....wow.
A big thanks!!

Sorry bravenel but can be possible to do the same on the Notifications App?
I mean to use tracks on Audio Alerts?

Yes, I will look into it.

2 Likes

Hi bravenel
I started to use Notifier using VLC but I got an error.
I think is just a bug during the programming as in RM it works fine.

Let me explain with a very simple example (the real one use modes, restrictions, etc.):
I tried to use the following Notification but I got no sound:

When I checked the Log I saw this error:
dev:6092019-07-21 10:06:09.976 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_statusbits_VLC_Thing_393.playTrack() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.Long) values: [http://192.25.25.15/Hubitat/Sounds/wav/HolaSeaUdBienvenido.wav, ...] Possible solutions: playTrack(java.lang.Object), nextTrack() (playTrack)

see it here:

So I add a new RM to debug if the problem was on the VLC or in the Notifier and with RM worked fine so it must be the Notifier. Here is my testing RM:

In HSM I'm getting the same error:

Are those bugs on the last release or I did something wrong?