HSM Auto arm away with pets?

I want to setup HSM to alert me (and have a siren and flashing lights etc) when I am out, however I have two dogs that don’t alway go with me.
What are some good options to use auto arm away with pets? Or to setup different HSM alerts?
I have contact sensors, mm wave presence and PIRs.
Any suggestions appreciated :slight_smile:
Thanks,
Tim

Obviously, you must exclude in the Armed mode these motion sensors (both PIR and mmWave) that are activated by the pets.

Almost all of the mmWave sensors will allow dynamic change of the motion detection sensitivity.

Make a test with one of the mmWave sensors - is there a low sensitivity settings that will not detect the pets, but will still trigger’motion active’ when a human walks nearby?

Then, you can experiment with a RM5 rule that configures the ‘pet-friendly’ sensitivity settings and another RM5 rule that restores the ‘in home’ normal settings.

2 Likes

This isn't even at the work in progress stage yet, but we have a Tractive GPS tracker attached to our dog's harness.

It looks like the tracker's status can be accessed via an API (there's sample Python code on the web), so when there's a spare moment I'm planning on writing a Hubitat App that will allow a doggy presence sensor to be added. This can then be used to select a specific "Dog Home Alone" mode when we're away and he isn't, and HSM set to use sensors accordingly.

For the time being...we manually set a "Visitors Here" mode that does a similar job.

1 Like