HSM and Envisalink

Sorry no, I was having issues with HSM Syncing to the Envisalink integration. However I got around this issue by disabling HSM and creating some virtual switches and using the switches option within the Envisalink application.

I do not experience that issue myself, but there are a couple who have expressed it. I assume you have the latest version?

FYI
https://community.hubitat.com/t/envisalink-integration-application-and-connection-driver/3123/337

Yep, on latest version. I haven't done a deap dive troubleshooting yet. Hopefully I'll figure it out. Although honestly using virtual switches is working for my needs... basically needed a way for Hubitat to signal alarm state for doing things with my thermostats.

Thanks for the heads up on development. You've done a great thing here.

What happened to your Envisalink thread @doug ?

The app and integration is no longer available. The topic was deleted by a moderator at my request.

Wow. This is a bummer. There was a lot of great info in that thread not to mention links to other resources. Is @brianwilson 's latest integration the same thing?

I completely get where @doug is coming from. I hope his exit is a wakeup call for the Hubitat folks. I’ve linked to my clone of his code in my thread above. I can’t support it as I’m not using it, but will gladly accept PR’s and attempt to help folks with issues.

The code that was in my master branch was said to be throwing exceptions and causing slow downs. I don't recommend using anything after the Vista branch was merged into master. If you continue use of this software it's at your own risk and be sure to adhere to the license.

Wonderful. I'm on the Envisalink Combo 01-21-2020 version.

I'm sorry to see this end up this way. Whatever your issues are I hope they get worked out. Such a loss to have you pull away.

I guess this is my lesson in relying on free community developed / supported items for anything more than novel implementations.

For the record, I have no issue with developers pulling access to their code or no longer supporting something, but to delete an entire thread with all the surrounding information and conversations that inevitably get discussed is just not right. The wealth of information in these forums is of great value to the community as a whole and the discussions should remain. Go ahead and lock the thread and disable links but don't delete it when others have participated.

1 Like

I started using Hubitat over Home Assistant because of the high level of officially supported integrations. I told myself I wasn't going to go back down the path of unsupported 3rd party solutions because of just this sort of thing.

But then the Envisalink/DSC application/driver came along and it offered a solution so I decided to give it a go. It worked well enough and I was basically happy. I really appreciated the solution, I would have paid for it. Then, politics...

And here we are again, dammit!

Hubitat should consider baking this one in.

Sorry you feel that way. I put 100s of hours into development of this Integration. It's a shame it's turned out this way.

Not really political. Simply put, HE isn't working out for me and repo got borked.

It is a shame. Your efforts were extensive and appreciated greatly by many, myself included. I hope you will eventually come back. I also appreciate the situation with HE and the unfortunate issue with the repo getting messed up but that shouldn't have resulted in the entire thread getting removed. Add your 100s of hours to all the time each contributing forum member put into using, testing and otherwise contributing to the discussion. That community resource shouldn't be taken away.

1 Like

Agreed. I got ahead of myself on this one too.

@bravenel I know there are a number of considerations but what are the chances of an official Envisalink integration? These are pretty popular devices.

1 Like

New user here, started experimenting with Hubitat a few weeks ago and what really got me hooked on the platform was the Envisalink integration. Very sad to see the developer moving on and I really hope this is just temporary. I consider this integration a key feature and hope the folks at Hubitat don’t simply let this slip away.

i watched their youtube from last night. imo they ran you off because they dont want an envisalink interface. if im wrong, poor support for free of charge software developers . if you find a platform that looks promising let me know so i can make a youtube video of my hammer smashing this closed platform to pieces!

I've migrated almost everything over to Home Assistant. It's not an easy setup (YAML) but performance is far superior. Envisalink support is available as an integration.

1 Like

looks like ive found my next project. thanks!