HowTo Validate Aeotec Door Sensor Status

New user just getting started. I have an Aeotec door/window sensor 6 which should trigger an action. The rule is not working and I'm not sure how to validate when the sensor reflects "open". I don't see it in the live log when I open or close the door. In the configuration I see "Aeotec door/window sensor 7", since mine is a "6" would that make a difference?

I'm bringing over a number of devices that worked in Smartthings, so I expect, I just need a lift to get rolling.

Looking forward to having some fun with automation. I have used Indigo (MAC Software), Smartthings, and Vera in the past.

Welcome to the community!

Go to the device page for that device, look at the status of the contact sensor - should show "open" or "closed". Until you get that working, nothing else has a hope. Did you click "configure" after you did the "save device" and "save preferences"? The device page is organized upside down - you have to save device, save preferences, configure.

No, the DWS7 driver is not for the DWS6.

just use generic zwave contact sensor

Just noticed the following in Z-Wave details:

0x13 (019) NOT_RESPONDING
in: 0x5E, 0x30, 0x80, 0x84, 0x70, 0x85, 0x59, 0x71, 0x86, 0x72, 0x73, 0x7A, 0x5A, out: Laundry Room Door Sensor

I have a 2nd sensor same model Aeotec ZW112, the only item under states is the battery level.

I have this same sensor. You could try first bringing the sensor close to the hub, pull the battery and put it back in. After the light on the sensor blinks try putting a magnet close to the sensor to trigger it closed and also push in the tamper switch on the back. If that doesn't work try excluding/removing the device and readd it back. Then after it's added back trigger the open/close and tamper switch as they won't show up in your device attributes until each attribute gets triggered.

I'm using the Generic Zwave Contact Sensor driver and these are the attributes it lists.

1 Like

thats normal and you can ignore that.. battery operated sensors dont always respond or wake up very oftne.. you will see one times a day it will wake up to send battery and thats it.. as long as it works when you open the door it is no big deal.. All my battery sensors for the most part look like that.

I loaded the Aeon Device Handler:

I now see the contact open status, but i can't get it to close. I place magnets next to the unit, the rear light flashes green but the contact remains in open status.

This is GEN6 Aeotec door/window sensor.

Making progress.

Live log has the following msg:
2020-09-25 07:49:37.531 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_Hubitat_Aeon_Recessed_Door_Sensor_364.ping() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: find(), print(java.lang.Object), print(java.io.PrintWriter), print(java.lang.Object), find(groovy.lang.Closure), run() (ping)