How to write rules to target the double-tap button press of the GE Z-Wave Plus Switch?

For that I would probably use double or triple tap, instead of held, which is independent of the local load. But that does take some "training", as not everyone knows that devices can be double/triple tapped.

But as you said you already use double tap for something else.

In the living room, that is how I have it (double up or down brightens/dims, and triple tap turns on another light entirely, bright or dim). In the bedroom, since only double tap is available on that older switch, no triple tap and no held, I can't do what I'm trying to do. I have to use the double tap to turn on/off another device entirely. So I need to live with that, or upgrade the switch. They are SO easy to wire, and I'm so bored being home ALL the time, I'm leaning towards rewiring it with a newer switch.

1 Like

I was out after dark last night bringing in some firewood, so I wanted to turn off motion on the exterior light. I have motion toggled with dusk-to-down with a double tap on a switch in the garage for this, to date, seldom used option, but I'll be darned if I remembered exactly, since I have another switch on the same wall plate that uses a single tap to disable a rule.

Anyway, I'm going to print up a couple of labels and put them by the switches. :slight_smile:

1 Like