How to use Time Variable Connector

I think there is a bug with having Wait for a variable Certain Time, like what you have.

But, it works correctly if you use the second (backwards) one I showed above. By work correctly, I mean update the scheduled events correctly if the variable time changes.

If i wanted to set the ON Time as a variable and the OFF time as a variable it wouldn't work ?

Ok changed to this way, ill have to wait to see what happens tonight

I found a bug with variable times in Wait for Event: Certain Time. Will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks Bruce

Out of curiosity when are you expecting to roll out a new release ?

FYI the lamp did not come ON at sunset, so the code is not correct.

It would not have come on the first day, as it comes on after a wait that starts at the off time.

Didn’t come on at sunset again, I’ll change the code so I have seperate ON and OFF rules.

I've had so many issues with the latest release 2.2.9.140.

I even ended up with a corrupt database and had to restore.

Hub Variables do not work and I get an Unexpected Error TO message.

Local Variable used in RM no longer work, and if I change the time (as set in my dashboards) I get a bad time message, where this used to work perfectly !

Seriously this is getting too hard !!

Hey Bruce can I get some help with this please.

Thanks

Please update to the latest release at Settings / Check for Updates. After you try that, please show me with screenshots exactly what problem you have.

HI Bruce,

Latest Update 2.2.9.146 installed.

When I use the local variable in RM from a dashboard I get badtime in the RM rule.

When I use a RM Legacy variable in RM it works from the dashboard.

The below rule only works with the RM legacy Variables, the RM local variable is there only so I can choose Variable Time as an option.

These variables are set in RM legacy and work with the above RM rule.

Thanks
David

We will look into it.

Hey guys I updated to 2.3.0.112 and created a new hub variable and successfully used it in a Rule.

I was not able to display the variable on a dashboard.

When I changed the variable value as a test the below image is what I received.

I now cannot remove the variable or add any new variables.

Best bet may be to set the variable to another value that it considers valid using RM.

What kind of Hub Variable was this?

Date Time

Best thing for you is to restore from the backup just made. I don't know what happened with that variable. If you can detail exact steps you took maybe I can reproduce it. Right down to nit details of how you set it in the first place, and what you did with the Dashboard.

I did the restore and checked the hub variables.
My test variable was now working.
I added the test variable to a dashboard and changed the time value.
Checked the hub variable again and it was in error.
Restoring the hub backup again.

What variable should I be using to control time ON and OFF of some lights in RM, with the variables being adjustable from the dashboard ? Hub Variable ? Local Variable ? RM Legacy Variable ?

Thanks! We know exactly what is happening any why. A fix for this issue will be in the next release. There is an incompatibility between the way Javascript handles time strings and the way Hub Variables handles them. Easy to correct.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for you help and patience!

2 Likes