How to setup Weather?

After 3 days trying to setup weather on my dashboard i still don't understand how to do it,
i's there a "how to for noobs" so i can get this to work.
Did find a lot of help from "Cobra's" site but the Weather Underground is not working anymore, so need help

I use Apixu by bangali.
Do a search and you will find it.

1 Like

Weather is just a driver -- there are choices...

There's a built-in driver for Open Weather and ApiXU mentioned already. Just add that driver code and then create a virtual device. Virtual devices have a minimum of three fields: name.. your choice, but stay away from special chars. DNI: again, your choice BUT must be unique. ZWave uses small numbers, Zigbee uses large ones, so I stay away from number only DNI's -- I tend to use abbreviations for whatever name I picked. Then pick a driver from the drop down. Open Weather or the one you added: ApiXU. Save..

15%20AM

Next is filling in the blanks of the device's parameters: Your key from Open Weather or from ApiXU. Zip code, etc.

As soon as you fill all that in, the driver will poll the vendor's site and populate the Attributes of the device you just built.

2 Likes

Thanks now i got some info so it's working :): ) Now i only need some Pictures Sun/rain/clouds

Thanks for helping, it's a lot of stuff to understand before it works.

Take a look at @Cobra’s Super Tiles. Along with this you can have the pictures the driver supplies which is the attribute “visual”.

This is on my phone so a little squished but hopefully you’ll get the gist. :+1:

2 Likes

OpenWeatherMap returns false temperature values! Currently, it says it's 67F while it's 73... Any idea?