How to set virtual thermostat temperature with rule-5.1

Hi all,
I had been using " Virtual Thermostat Temperature Update" by @napalmcsr , however it had stopped working couple of HE updates back (current is 2.3.3.121 on c-4), and I am looking for a way to do the same with Rules-5.1.
What I do not see in "actions" is a way to set attribute on vThermostat ...

Control HSM, Garage Doors, Locks, Valves, or Thermostats > Set thermostats sound like what you want:

And if you just like doing things the hard way, you can use the "Run Custom Command" option. The vThermo is an actuator.

Thank you - this is what I was after. Setting thermostat as @bertabcd1234 had suggested would not work as it only sets "setpoint" not temperature...

1 Like

Ah, yeah, I wasn't clear on the goal. If you're trying to set the temperature (or do anything else that is particular to a virtual device--a real thermostat is, of course, only a sensor for this value, so there are no such standard commands), you'll need a custom command.

1 Like

Just looked into changelog for 2.3.3 - there is an app called "Thermostat controller" - it created another virtual thermostat that uses arbitrary temperature sensor. Going to try that as well.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.