How To Section

This topic from The Fate of true Insteon PLM support from an already great product:

Put me to think if we need a How too/Tutorials Section on the Foruns or Wiki.

We have so great knowledge in pur foruns that we should leverage it. We all can learn something new everyday :wink:

Thoughts?!

2 Likes

I like it. The issue is we all tend to drift in and out of various topics within the threads. I am guilty as charged. How to we stay on topic?

Other forums I'm in basically have a moderator to manage this stuff. Have we reached that point yet?

I always find it painful when I have to go through a thread with 300 posts just to find some settings. I wish on those longer threads the 1st post summarized this stuff to help out.

Not sure if we need a moderator in the Foruns. The community is really pretty self-resilient to keep it self in line.

But I do get your point someone that goes through posts in a category and when valid extract the relevant information to Wiki/How to section/Tilutorials Section.

2 Likes

Just wish Discourse search was more robust. I sometimes find results on Google for a result on a Discourse forum that I cannot find with Discourse search.

1 Like

Feel free to add any How-to's you like on the unofficial wiki...
www.hubitatapps.com

:grin::grin::grin:

A “How To/Tutorials” section would be great, always nice to see how others are implementing things or how to do something more effectively before you attempt to fumble through it on your own.

Download the Hubitat app