How to reset the zigbee network on 2.3.7.140

I did a migrate from my C5 TO C8 using "the cloud migration tool"
The zigbee network Pan ID was copied from the C5 to C8.

I had some issues, and I decided to do reset and a clean install. I did a "full reset" as described but the Pan ID of the zigbee did not changed.
I was not able to reset the zigbee network because there was no option. How do I reset the zigbee Pan ID in 2.3.7.140?

for now I did a downgrade to an older platform where it was possible tot reset the zigbee network, but I cannot believe this is the way to go?

The options were 'demoted' in v2.3.7 to reduce the disappointment when it's clicked and doesn't solve the problem. Remember, it's not a reversible click.

1 Like

Ok, I understand, but how do you solve the problem after you did an upgrade from c5 to c8 (2 the same zigbee pan id's) and needs a rollback for the C8 to the original or different pan Id?

See my PM.

1 Like

Hiding the reset zigbee/zwave buttons wasn't a good idea in my view.

The people that clicked it, thinking reset meant something more like reboot, are probably on the grateful side... with a little "why not sooner?" sprinkled in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not gonna even reply with what I was wanting to say...

I have mixed feelings about this.

The reset was being abused, and didn't solve the issues people were trying to fix. The users then complained their devices were all gone. It was a support nightmare from what I understand. That is the same reason a full reset was removed, people were nuking the hub, and bitching about how everything was gone.

On the other hand, I think having the option available for people who truly need it is a good thing. Maybe it needs to be hidden in a different place, like the 8081 menu, or just a reset menu where you have to acknowledge the consequences?

Not sure what the optimal blend of preventing issues and the users ability to control things is in this case? But I understand why the option was removed, at least for the time being.

I had the exact same issue a few days ago... I migrated to C8's last year from C7's and put the old hubs away... Last week, I employed one of those old hubs at a different location and had to get secret help to reset the z-wave radio on the old C7...

In the process, I reset both radios as I plan on adding some devices. I noticed the same thing though... My C8 and the old C7 have the same Zigbee Pan ID. This shouldn't be a problem as they are at two different locations, but should there be a way to change the Pan ID on the old hub? Obviously I don't want to do that on the C8 since its loaded with years worth of devices... But to put the old hubs back into use, there should be a way to change those ID's... Even if its just by the Hubitat staff.

2 Likes