How to reset/heal zigbee mesh?

I had a zigbee ceiling fan controller that barely reach to the hub unless I put the hub closer to it.

Today, my Ikea Repeater came in and I paired it with the Hubitat and placed it about 5 feet from the fan. The Hubitat is still not seeing the fan in dashboard and there is a ? icon in place of the light bulb

How do I reset or heal the Zigbee mesh so the fan would pick up the repeater?

To "force" a zigbee mesh heal you would need to shutdown the HE for about 20 mins. This will cause all of your devices to go into a panic mode which forces them to re-select the routes. This can be a bit hard on battery life of your devices since they won't sleep during this period.

Another option is to just leave things be as zigbee meshes always "self heal" over a time. Also, please note that your ceiling fan may not select the new route even if you force a heal as it will always prioritize the fastest route to the controller (least hops) even if it's not the one with strongest signal.

2 Likes

The ? on the dashboard does not mean that the hub cannot "see" the device. It means that the device is not paired or that the template you have selected is incorrect for the device you have selected. The hub doesn't know that the device can't receive commands at the time. It's not quite that smart.

The fan showed up and the ? turn into a light bulb so it must have found the repeater .. Yay! I can control it now via HE

1 Like