How to replicate/replace Tapt+Pivot+Connected Bulb Remotes?

I'm wondering how I can mimic this functionality in Hubitat:

a) I can turn on/off both bedroom lights via the wall switch in the bedroom.

b) I can use the buttons on a remote in the living room to turn on/off either of the lights and I can use the remote on the nightstand in the bedroom the same way (important since I don't have an Echo in the bedroom & want to be able to turn the light on/off while I'm in bed).

c) I can tell Alexa (in the rooms where I have an Echo device), via the Wink Skill, to "Turn On/Off Closet Side", "Turn On/Off Window Side" or "Turn On/Off Bedroom". This last one turns on/off both lights. These two lights show as plugs named "Closet Side" and "Window Side" and are in a group named "Bedroom" in the Alexa app.

My current config:
I'm currently using a Wink Hub, a Quirky Power Pivot, a GE Tapt switch, two Lutron Connected Bulb Remotes and an Amazon Echo to control the two nightstand lamps in my bedroom.

The Tapt switch is in the bedroom and replaced the original outlet switch. It's in "Smart Load" mode so that power is never actually cut to the outlet & therefore to the Pivot. The top button is programmed via Wink App "Robots" to turn on both Pivot smart outlets and the bottom button to turn both of them off ('MBR On' and 'MBR Off').

The Pivot is in the bedroom and plugged into the switched outlet. The nightstand lamps are plugged into the two smart outlets on the Pivot.

The four buttons on both of the Connected Bulb Remotes (one in the living room and one in the bedroom) are configured via the Wink App to, from top to bottom, 1) Turn on Window side light, 2) Turn off Window side light, 3) Turn on Closet side light, 4) Turn off Closet side light.

Hubitat:
My understanding is that the Tapt, the Pivot and the Connected Bulb Remotes are not supported under Hubitat and that the Hubitat will ideally replace the Wink Hub. So ... what would I need in order to maintain the same functionality?

a) turn both lights on/off via wall switch,
b) turn either light on/off via remotes,
c) turn either/both lights on/off via Alexa.

Thank you!
pat----

2 Likes

In as much as I've given up on Wink, come over to Hubitat and I've actually figured out how to replicate my Wink + Tapt + Pivot + CBR setup ... I thought I'd share it in case anyone else was curious ...

1. Took out the Tapt and put back in a generic toggle wall switch.
  2. Took out the Pivot and replaced it with a simple multi socket extension cord.
  3. Replaced the two dumb LED bulbs with a pair of Hue Ambient White bulbs and added them to the Hue app.
  4. Purchased a Lutron Aurora "smart bulb dimmer" & installed it on the dumb toggle switch & added it to the Hue App (under Accessories - Friends of Hue - Lutron Aurora).
  5. Purchased a Lutron LUT-PJ2-4B-GWH-L21 (4 button, buttons 1&2 control a lights or group of lights and buttons 3&4 control a 2nd light or group of lights) & added them to the Lutron app.
  6. Added the 2 Hue bulbs and the two Pico remotes to Hubitat & used Advanced Button Controller to allow the Pico's to control the Hue bulbs.
  7. I created a group in Hubitat called "Nightstands" and put the two bulbs in it.
  8. Shared the bulbs & the group from Hubitat to Amazon Echo.

a. I can now turn on/off both lights (and dim/brighten them) from the Lutron Aurora Dimmer on the wall as I walk into/out of the room.
b. I can now turn on/off each individual light via the two Pico remotes (one in living room, one next to bed).
c. I can turn on/off the individual bulbs or both of them (via the group) by asking Alexa.
d. I can turn on/off the individual bulbs or both of them (via the group) in a dashboard.

My old Wink setup behaviors ... completely replicated & even enhanced.
pat----

Should step 5 also contain purchased a Lutron Hub ?

1 Like

Good catch, yes, to use the Pico remotes with Hubitat you need the Lutron Bridge Pro2. I bought that about a year ago during an earlier Wink outage. That time, Wink came back up and was stable before I had done anything with the Lutron Bridge so it was sitting in the basement for the past year.

pat----