How to make a rule t keep my thermostat with 2 degrees of the Thermostat scheduler

Here is my dilemma. My mom comes to visit and loves to mess with the thermostat. I have a thermostat scheduler in place. I can make rule machine rules that will trigger when the setting on the thermostat is changed, but I do not know how I can get to the current setting of the thermostat scheduler. Is there a way to either (1) read that setting or (2) have a variable set by the thermostat scheduler that equals the current setting whenever it triggers? If you can think of another way to do it that would be fine too, I just do not want to have to reproduce the schedule elsewhere, because we sometimes change it, nd I want to only have to change it in one place.

There are a number of possibilities:

1. does your thermostat internal menu allow for limiting the range of your heat / cold?

2. does your thermostat allow the screen to be disabled? Does it have a child mode requiring a password number.

3. Use rule machine instead of thermostat scheduler.

4. If you know the approximate time of day your mom visits, have a rule machine negate any changes during that time. Assuming it doesn't conflict with your thermostat scheduler.

Unfortunately the thermostat does not allow any kind of lockout. I could use rule machine, but then my wife would never be able to figure any of it out (absolutely last resort). Negating any changes requires the rule to know what the temp should be or what is was before the change - neither of which are available.

Could she use hub variables to set temperature?

Perhaps write a simple app that inputs the desired temperatures.

I use a hub variable that's the scheduled temp and have a rule machine rule that runs even 15 minutes that checks and adjusts the thermostat temperature to prevent "user intervention"...

I'm not aware of a way for RM to retrieve scheduled setpoints from TS. However you could get around that with a rule like this one. It will execute twice per manual change : once for the manual change, the second time for the change applied by thermostat scheduler.