How to include library code without comment on each line?

#include is a great tool to structure and re-use your code.

But: How can I stop the counting comments in the included code?
(Every code line is suffixed by something like "// library marker namespace.name, line #".)

if it is not yet possible, could we get an option to turn this on/off?
Or, maybe another directive, e.g. #includeflat?

Any ideas?

Not a clue what you are talking about. When you include libraries, you don't even see the source code anywhere other than in the original files. Are you talking about something other than

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 3.00.27 PM

??

1 Like

The only place I’ve seen it combined (and commented) is if you do a download out of the driver/app code “editor” interface.

:arrow_up: This! :arrow_up:

That shows, that the apps and drivers using such a lib are much bigger than necessary (when debugging is done):
In average, the included lib code (with those comments) is ca. 4 times bigger than the code alone. And libs are used in several apps and drivers...

Those comments are in the combined code for one purpose only - to help hub map library line numbers during exception handling.

If you distribute apps/drivers that use shared libraries, bundles is the way to go. They got clean, separate code for apps, drivers, and libraries, all in a single zip file.

2 Likes

Exactly: Those comments are only necessary while developing.

And so all those comments are saved in every one of those apps and drivers.

My guess would be no.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.