How to handle the zigbee device, which is shown as not present

Device: Zigbee - Xiaomi/Aqara/Opple Button/Switch/Remote

This button suddenly get the status of "not present"

How can I do in this case to get it back?

Is it still functioning? Are button presses received and processed properly?

no action. I can see the device in the device list, but the status was not updated.
just the value of "notPresentCounter" is increased, maybe the device is still communicating with the hub? :thinking:

I checked the device log:

With this driver, it means it probably fell off your Zigbee network (or hasn't checked in for some other reason, perhaps a dead battery or being outside your mesh range). The solution is generally to re-pair in that case. Don't delete it from Hubitat first; just put the device in pairing mode and put Hubitat in Zigbee pairing mode, too, and it should be (re)discovered as the same device.

If this keeps happening, Xiaomi/Aqara devices are known to be picky about what Zigbee repeaters you use. This thread is a must-read:

2 Likes

@bertabcd1234 Thank you so much, according to your instruction to re-pair the device, it worked well again. :+1:

1 Like

FWIW, I had an Aqara button (and Aqara contact sensors) and they kept falling off my hub so I had to remove them. I wasn't willing to get additional repeaters specifically for the Aqara gear, wasn't worth it to me for a few devices.

So unless you take additional steps as noted in the thread Robert linked to, you may continue to have Aqara devices fall off your hub.

I had this problem with my Aqara door contacts.. and I have PLENTY of the Ikea repeaters near by (5 ft away) when the device all of a sudden showed "no presence". The other concern is they can/will show as "closed", when they are not connected, it leaves the house exposed. I also have 3 sensor on windows right beside one another, and 2 dropped and one was fine. Growing concerned these are not reliable.

Aqara can be very picky devices. I have gotten to stability w/them over time on both C7 and C8, since 2023 after my post above back in 2022.

Typically Aqara device stability is accomplished via adding repeaters to your hub that the Aqara devices seem to like. Those seem to include:

If you really want to use Aqara devices then you probably need to experiment w/adding some of the Sonoff or Tuya repeaters. There are lots of alternative devices that work fine on HE so unless you have a particular reason why you want to use Aqara, might be better to change to other more compatible devices.