How to do Two weird settings from WebCore

It is that time of year again and I am trying to port over my Christmas Tree Light piston from WC. Most of it is straight forward but there was one section that I am not sure how I would do in RM. It is basically that if everyone is Away from the house then the Mode is in Away mode and I don't want the lights on. But if it is after 4:00pm and Mode changes away from Away and the Christmas Lights aren't on then turn them on. Here is the piston. It is the first ELSE IF section.

If mode is not away, do you want the lights to come on at 4 also?

If so, a regluar rule with conditions NOT(mode away) AND Time between 4pm and midnight would work.

1 Like

Yes, if the Mode is other than Away, the lights come on at 4:00pm on the Weekdays. But if we are Away @ 4:00 then the lights won't come on. So I want them to come on when we get home (whenever that is).

You can combine both of those into a single rule. I edited my post above to show.

OK, so the NOT on the Condition Mode Away will work. I like it thanks! Can I also do that with the Light NOT On? The reason I put that in is because say the lights went on already but then we went out and came back. The lights would already be on.

You don't need to "protect" the lights from too many On's or Off's. Sending an On when it's already On is like talking to kids.

4 Likes

I just discovered that! Ha!:smirk: I had a NOT Lights ON and my daughter just phoned me and said the christmas tree lights were going on and off. So, I took that out!

1 Like