How to delete a device from Google Home that no longer exists?

I'm testing @jtp10181's custom child device driver to see if I can get GH to recognize the fan connected to the relay of my Zen30 as something other than a light.

I should have removed the existing fan device from Google Home before I proceeded, but I didn't think about it until it was to late. So I've deleted the re-created the child device, but the old "Office Fan" still shows in Google Home and I get warnings in the Hubitat log every time I use GH saying

app:342021-03-17 09:08:38.961 am warndeviceNotFound: Device '773' not found

When I go to the Google Home HE app and look at the list of devices, the old device is not there. If I click the gear and look in settings (for the GH app in HE) I do not see Office Fan in the devices or in the list of event subscriptions. So as far as HE seems to be concerned, the office fan no longer exists.

But I can't figure out how to get rid of it inside of Google Home. There is no delete device option that I can find.

Well, after messing around with it more, I think I figured it out. When looking at the Google Home app in HE, I had just been closing the tab when I was done looking at it. Instead, I clicked the Done button. This seems to have re-pushed the device list to Google Home and now the fan doesn't show up.

1 Like