How to create a Preferences "tile" with no control input

Title may not be the best wording.

I'm trying to add a note above the "Save Preferences" to remind users to use the configure button after changing preferences.

I've made an input line with no matching real function.

input "NullPref", "bool", title: "Press Configuration button<br> after changing preferences", defaultValue: false, displayDuringSetup: true, required: false  

I would like to not have the actuator in the tile if possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
John

Isn’t that paragraph?.. Or am I misunderstanding...

paragraph "some text"

paragraph

Text that is displayed on the page for messaging and instructional purposes.

Thanks for the reply.

From your suggestion I tried to add the line just like you show. I even looked a ST documentation and they seem use in the same manner. However when I add it to a Hubitat Driver I get a "No signature of method". Darn I just realized I didn't specify the text I'm trying to add is in a driver. Perhaps that makes a difference.

paragraph "some text"

You should not have to hit configure after saving preferences. You can automatically do that by adding a call to your configure() method from your updated() method. The only time the user should have to press configure is after swapping drivers.

Try this:

input description: "some text”, type: "paragraph", element: "paragraph"
1 Like

I can’t find any documentation on this.. But I have seen it done in another driver

Awesome! Now I can write any helpful information I want. Thanks for your effort to help me here.

My Results: ( I tried a few varitions as well)

input description: "input description", type: "type description", element: "element descripion"
input name: "input name", type: "type name", element: "element name"

John

1 Like

Your type should be what type of input you want to have, i.e. "number", "string", "enum", "bool", etc. What you are missing is Title. Title and Description would be your two available text fields in an input. I do not believe Element is a supported field for a in input.

Thanks, I'll try without the "element" parameter.

I should add: If this were functioning code I would be very concerned about type etc. However since this is displaying dumb text I'm willing to "bend" the structure.

John