How to connect Wi-fi devices

It use several cloud integrations!

No the problem in the HE LAN discovery is a 100% disaster to you most write apps to get around it.

Wink used the same cloud method HE uses for many WiFi device like Ecobee or MyQ. There are several smarter the HE people out there making other WiFi devices like WeMo and AVR receivers, Roku, mVidia, Logitech and Smart TVs work directly through LAN.

Lets face it, Hue and Lutron got support because the sold a lot of them long before HE came long. Lutron has been into home integration for decades before anyone else still around. Hue had a big media push when HA was a new media darling. I never got any since it was proprietary which always loses in the end. Even Apple had to give in to Linux and put their own interface on top.

Personally, I just use Harmony Hub, it can connect to hundreds of not thousands of devices that the Hubitat never will and just use that App to get access to the huge selection of devices. I can find just about anything. It found a DVR that was only release last October. How I have no idea, with device like Roku or nVidia Shield it was really easy to go with a complete list of commands, it find my NVR, light bulbs, shades, TV's, etc. I doubt there is AV device in the planet it can not use. Maybe not the AC but everything else.

1 Like

In my setup I find that a multi-pronged approach works best for me. When I find a new device I want to add I first check to see if it is Homekit compatible, is there a HOOBS plugin or is it compatible with my HE C-7 and I find that I am able to add whatever I want to add. I am a very happy camper!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.