How to approach an old fan in an old house

Wasn't that you in the Pico thread just the other day? Something about your lovely wife? :grin:

1 Like

Of course it's real; I found them on the internet. George Washington told me they wouldn't lie!

3 Likes

Ohhhh, they came from the internet! Say no more...

Well, the Hampton Bay controller does this as well. That said, the Inovelli solution is newer, and the wall control is vastly better (especially with the light indicators). If I didn't already have 5 fans using the Hampton Bay, (including two controllers I was able to get cheap from someone who couldn't get them to work), I would switch over to Inovelli. I may still slowly replace them over time.

The Inovelli fan/light controller is a great option for old houses with knob and tube wiring where you don't have a neutral at the switch if there's a convenient place for the smart switch that you can reach with new wiring. (With the Inovelli fan/light switch, the module in the fan housing doesn't have to be on the same circuit as the smart switch.) I put a dumb light switch in the existing switch location with a cover on it to keep it from getting turned off, then I ran new wiring to a new location for the smart switch. Works great!

1 Like

Is this Inovelli fan/light red switch still forsale? I'm having a hard time finding it.

Looks like they may be out of stock at the moment, but:

Typical; everything I like tends to go out of stock. Apparently I have median average tastes, and people picking order or manufacturing quantities don't anticipate that :-).

Luckily I already have my one of these, just sitting waiting for me to install it.

Thank you. Will keep looking and my finger's crossed.

i was going to say 'depends how long they've been stalking you'...
stalking black and white GIF

nothing like being late to a thread... :slight_smile:

1 Like