How to address the energy parameter for an outlet?

Been successfully running a rule as follows:

Select Trigger Events:
Energy level of socket changed

Actions to run:
Send GET to https://mywebsite/datareceive.php?device=%device%&parameter=power&value=%value%

the device btw is an "Aeon Outlet" and the parameter used is seen as "energy : 12.345"
As you'd expect, this transfers the value of the "energy reading" as %value% upon that value changing.
However, to be more correct, i wish to transfer that "value" on a timed interval but when i set the trigger to interval i lose the ability to obtain the energy value of the device.

Q. How can i do a time-based transfer of the energy parameter value for the device?
more specifically, how do i address the energy-value as a variable such as %socket.energy% (which btw fails)
thanks anyone

Add a variable to the rule. Set your first action to set the variable to "device attribute." Use your new variable in the get.

1 Like

thank you VERY much @FriedCheese2006
Really helpful and solves many similar tasks i had yet to find solutions for.
Took a few minutes to find all the different sections but one of the best bits of learning to date for me, :blush:

On a follow up note, it seems odd that you have to pass a parameter-value to a variable before you can make use of it.
Surely it would be more code-efficient to directly address the parameter-value?
That was my assumption of how i expected it to work up until now.

Well, you only really need to in this instance because of the way the rule is triggered.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.