How to activate scenes in Node-RED?

Is this possible? Or can I only set individual device's parameters manually?

I feel like the "request" node probably has a way to do it, but I'm not too sure how.

You may need to provide a little more detail. Are you wanting to have an automation in Node RED activate something on your HE hub, or the other way around?

If you are wanting to activate / turn on a device in HE from Node RED, then Maker API would be the way to do this. You can install the built-in Maker API App, add devices to the list that can be controlled and then in Node RED issue a HTTP Request to issue a command on the HE device.

There is a Hubitat palette in Node Red so you don't need to use the HTTP Request Node to change individual devices including Actuator Devices in Room Lighting App. If you want to trigger an HE rule from Node Red, then you will need an HTTP Request Node to the Local Endpoint or Cloud Endpoint trigger of the rule.

1 Like

So what does the HE palette communicate with? Still Maker API? Just making that process easier on the NR end?

Yes!

I was just about to start trying to use the HTTP Request Nodes in Node Red with Hubitat when @fblackburn released the Hubitat palette almost 4 years ago. It was perfect timing for me. His nodes use Maker API but I don't know the code in the background.

2 Likes

Sorry, yes I have Node Ride setup with that palette and my hubitat. But of the nodes provided, you can set one property on a device with one of them it seems, but is there a way to easily modify more values for a device at once? Is using an endpoint the only / easiest way to accomplish this?