How many ex Vera owners are here?

Something like this?

I'm not a Vera owner, ever, but I took a quick read to understand the hurdles... and found this statement and I'm wondering Why?

I ask because a Hubitat Hub is Event driven and even if you don't want to "see" the other states, the hub has to handle them. In other words, you don't seem to be asking for a performance improvement, every event will hit the hub and be compared. As is shown in @waynespringer79 example, you tell RM which events you care about in this Rule and then in the Define Rule part you add the conditionals.

The hub is doing the same work and with logging turned on you get to see (with strikethrough now) the inner workings.

Of course, if your request is actually just a UI tweek, then I'm sorry for misinterpreting. :slight_smile:

The way I'm interpreting he "wants" is to be able to visualize the conditionals which is why I posted a rule written with RM 3.0, with him being new has only experienced RM 4.0 or (unofficially called) Trigger Machine as it's a trigger based where as RM 3.0 was more conditional rule based (besides actually creating a trigger rule)

1 Like

Ahh.. well he can't go back to using RM v3 if he doesn't happen to have a RM v3 rule to clone :frowning:

Unless one of us who has RM 3.0 to clone emails it to him?

Double :+1:

RM is so capable and the new simplified versions are quite a bit easier.. Node-Red is just too simple, in my opinion, to ignore.

You can get a flow from someone, paste it into your Node-Red instance and with a few clicks to identify your own Hub (Hubitat, HA, etc) you have a working flow. 10 mins work, a lot of the time.

Two variations on a theme there.. they are purely "Samples" I keep to use as copy/paste. I can change the time window or delete it entirely. Or I can use Modes instead of Time by using that sample and deleting the time node. In other words I have "templates" to paste that I can adjust to a specific need by deleting chunks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree completely I use Node Red for everything except for (as shown in the rule I posted) mainly TTS or operating Sonos for music or TTS, because I've yet (although admittedly haven't tried real hard) to get TTS and Control of Sonos working in Node Red.

I have 4 Hubitat hubs in Node-Red as well as a HomeAssistant instance. I haven't yet run into a situation where I can't mix and match... not that I'm looking. :slight_smile:

I have 3 Hubitat Hubs and "did have" my old VeraSecure on Node Red where I was comparing zwave and using it's backup battery as a UPS for Hubitat Hubs. Until the backup battery died on it, and the C7 came out, so the Vera got retired.

@jeubanks What are your thoughts on Ezlo so far? I have tried Ezlo Atom(no need to discuss further), Vera Secure, Edge and mostly Plus. Nervous about current state of affairs as I am not impressed with Ezlo Plus and need to consider converting a load of clients over to a new source. Unfortunatly VistaCam 1101s are in many of these client locations and I am not sure if HE and VistaCams are doable.

1 Like

For me personally I found it to be more empy words than actions and got fed up with that after about a year of waiting and hoping. As an ex Vera Secure owner I got tired of seeing no development what so ever on Vera controllers even though they in my opinion had a good and promising platform to develop further.
All I read about in the forum was endless news about new beta software for the Ezlo controllers wich never seemed to take us closer to any final release.

The tone on the forum from Ezlos owners against those who critisied or questioned the company and/or their products or their promises became the las drop.

As someone who participated in the beta program, I was left deeply unimpressed.

Luckily for me the Hubitat C7 was released around the time I reached the conclusion that Ezlo/ Vera had no idea what they were doing, and I jumped ship.

I haven’t regretted it for a second!

PS I did run Home Assistant for a year and tested OpenHAB and HomeSeer. Hubitat was the clear winner for me.

2 Likes

Hot mess..... not much else to say.

1 Like

This is it exactly.

I received my Hubitat yesterday and this morning by 9 am I had 28 devices excluded from Vera and included into Hubitat. My one frustration is camera management. But so far but I have fallen for Hubitat. If cameras convert over at some point I'll switch my 30+ clients on Vera/Ezlo over to Hubitat. The speed to include is impressive. You just know right away if it's going to take/taken or not. While simple I am impressed with the dashboard. With Vera I had to recommend a separate app to end users, Homewave, and the "internal" dashboard of Hubitat is all we need. The system reads my remotec fireplace incorrectly but that might be an error on my side. I am curious still to see where Ezlo goes but I am predicting an increase in Hubitat users to continue.

1 Like

I would then like me. I use a standalone RPI4 with Multireactor from Patrick Rigney.
Then you can migrate everting that works in Hubitat and then the devices that doesn't can run on your old vera. In the MSR you do all logic for both hubitat and vera....

2 Likes

I’m not an ex-Vera owner at the moment, but I am constantly sizing up the competition :sunglasses:🥸

Likewise, I hope to become an EX-Vera user (after 12 years, mind you!) as soon as possible. All the faster, if possible, judging by the erratic, rude and unapologetically arrogant behavior of certain company owners over at the outfit that acquired Vera. Certain things in life are not to be rewarded.

When my Vera dies - and I have two in reserve, so... - I'm definitely going with HE. All the way!

Mind my asking which camera(s) you are using with Vera? Curious because I've never once in all these years - despite numerous attempts at introducing video or JPEG snapshots into my workflow - gotten a single camera to interoperate with my Vera Plus.

(3) VistaCam 1101 (1) VistaCam 1200 and (1) VistaCam 1100. Was using them with Vera Plus but wanted to see what new Ezlo would provide and it doesn’t. Running blue iris now