How fast do contact sensors to lights work?

I’m thinking about an open door, lights on automation but how’s the delay? 1 sec, less, more? Thank you

Provided you have a good mesh and repeaters.

Anywhere from before I can see in the door to .5 seconds after I open it. Depends on the sensor and location. Zigbee are faster than z-wave from what I hear. I use all Zigbee contacts

Fastest Sengled makes me think the light is always on. Someone said they have reliability issues. I have not seen it. Iris are good to. Samsung are "slow" I benched marked them one day and posted it here somewhere.

1 Like

Your the man! Sengled it is

1 Like

I wish I had this as a teen. Mom opens door, switches to Nickelodeon

1 Like

If you get an answer mark as "solved", so other can get to it (helps more in longer post). I just selfishly want the props. :joy:

:see_no_evil:

On my other thread was I reading the log right? Was is updating every few seconds and just not showing it?

I should say these are the ones I have, so the results are not based on EVERY sensor out there, just a comparison of those 3. In my experience YMMV

I'll reply on your other thread.

These? https://www.amazon.com/Sengled-Required-Compatible-Assistant-SmartThings/dp/B07QHDXQXJ?th=1

I cleaned it up sorry. I type too fast sometimes, and don't proof read most times.

It was my fault, I forgot to paste the link

Yep that is them.

Found my post on it too