How do you use TTS?

Agree , limits are too short for many of my desired announcements

How do you sense rain?

I created this:

Andy

2 Likes

Is there any way to change the speech synthesis (so it doesn't sound like someone on helium)?

You can change the language etc via HE Settings/Hub Details

1 Like

What is TTS?

Text-To-Speech

I monitor presence of mac address with Unifi and once the mac is online, I will trigger a TTS notification with the name of the person. Wife says its creepy but I think its dope :wink:

2 Likes

Do you have documentation and/or photos of how to do this?

How long do the AA batteries last?

Are ST presence sensors reliable?

There’s the write up, I’m using 5 of these modded and they work great and the ones I have modded have lasted for me around 10 mos before changing batteries

Fantastic, thank you.

This is the original post I made about this in 2017

Batteries last over a year for me and the ST sensors have been very reliable :slight_smile:

Andy

Which voice does everyone have their Hubitat set to use? Curious as to what people prefer.

My Hub is set to - “Nicole”.

1 Like

MediaRenderer (Connect) finds my Fabric Riff speaker, but doesn't create a device for it after I select it and press Done. Anyone else?

yeah, you have to do it a few times before it actually sets it, you got to be fast due to the refresh rate on the page, but once you set it up it works great.

Thanks. I switched over to Echo Speaks instead,

Would you please share how your rule? I would like to duplicate this. I'm waiting for motion near the speaker and I get "welcome home kitchen speaker" I haven't found a good way to use the presence as for (name).

Thanks

Hi guys, I gotta say that @Cobra got me thinking with his rain sensor. Such a brilliant idea and thanks Andy. I tried the same method but the Kemo wasn't quite accurate enough for me. I.e. once it sensed rain, the latent wetness didn't subside quick enough, so it showed as wet despite it no longer raining. Then I found

https://www.weatherstations.co.uk/hydreon-rain-sensors.htm

This has served me brilliantly for circa 2 years and is exceptionally accurate. A little pricey but worth the money when it comes to closing my 4 UK skylights.

Thanks @Cobra

1 Like

my good night routine uses a alexa command and a virtual switch in alexa
the second "local end point" trigger in the rule is triggered from tasker on my cell phone when I put it on a charger at night.
but you will have to create your alexa virtual switch and change the devices in the rule as well as the messages to suit your setup.

As far as using presence and greetings you can use a similar rule with "Combined Presence" or "presence plus" followed by a door or motion sensor triggering.