How do you get a zigbee bulb to refresh in RM?

i have been a long time ZWAVE guy for years. I just added a few zigbee devices for the first time ever, and as you know there is no RGB worth a darn zwave based. Anyway first question is i bought the Sengled Element Plus bulbs. i heard they dont repeat in the mesh, is that true and if it is true can anyone recommend a Zigbee RBG you like that does repeat? Second question - how can you send a refresh to the zigbee bulb using RM? no zigbee devices appear in the device list when i try to use refresh. Looks to be limited to zwave. Suggestions? Thank you all j

You shouldn't need to refresh as they update when changes are made automatically.

However I believe the none advanced generic driver does have a refresh option.

Look at innr zigbee lamps they are very good and reliable.

Sengled bulbs do not repeat. You need to get some repeaters in there. You can use some zigbee 3.0 bulbs and that may be better but you still want repeaters.

It is generally recommended NOT to use repeating bulbs for mesh sanity.

If your driver has a refresh command, you can access it in RM through the "custom action" option. (which should not be necessary)

As long as they're 3.0 and not 1.2 it's fine.

2 Likes

I was refering to my grand mother who keeps cutting power to the bulb

1 Like

It's time to send her to the farm upstate.... :stuck_out_tongue: That said, is it on a switch?

2 Likes

NO problem there anymore. I bypassed the switch and use a button to control it.

1 Like

Bailed on Zigbee RGB bulbs. Could not get reliable performance out of them, colors, dim - whatever they all behaved erratically and with a C8 hub within 25 feet. Went to HUE bulbs and their bridge with HE integration, problem solved - bullet proof and fast as heck. j

1 Like

Also take a look at Lifx bulbs. 100% local native integration, superior color and brightness as well

Agreed! I use Philips Hue for all smart bulbs in my house. And, I use Lutron Caseta for all in-wall switches, dimmers, fan controllers, and pico remotes. These two lighting systems, combined with Hubitat, makes for a very capable, stable, and performant home automation platform. I use Zigbee devices paired to my HE hub for things like motion, contact, and leak sensors.