How Do I Wall Mount the C8 Hub

What antennas are you using with you C8 as those dont look like factory ones?

I'm using these now...

Zigbee:

Extra SonOff USB Dongle P antenna I had laying around (I had replaced the SonOff Dongle P antenna w/a larger one some time back, so had the original antenna available).

Z-Wave:
Bingfu 4G LTE RP SMA Cellular Antenna 7dBi Outdoor Antenna (2 Pack) Compatible with Spypoint Link Micro Covert Spartan Stealth Cam Tactacam Muddy Trail Game Camera Security Camera Wireless Router https://a.co/d/1wnpIOp

1 Like

Um, surely your wife realizes by now that you purchased another hub. You are making it very obvious.

2 Likes

Stuck to the wall with two of the small .5lb command strips.

Only downside is you can't really see the led on it when mounted this way.

I told her it's all antennas for the TV. :wink::rofl:

4 Likes

This antenna was posted on here or Facebook and I think Bruce (bravenel) ordered them and tested it, said it was terrible and worse than the stock antenna. Just FYI.

1 Like

That’s ok, it’s for the TV.

If you take a closer look at what Bruce posted, you'll see this is a different antenna...looks very similar, but the one Bruce posted is a magnetic mount (which can bring its own reception complications), unlike the one I'm using, which has resulted in improved Z-Wave connections for myself and another forum member.

:rofl: :+1:

2 Likes

Ohhh that would totally mess with my OCD... I used Gorilla Mounting squares on mine.

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking to mount my new YoLink hub and ran across this topic and thought this might help someone else. The picture below is a corner of my laundry nook. It grew organically. If I knew where I'd end up, I would have put in a rack and rack-mounted everything. In any case, I learned how to mount electronics that were not meant to be wall mounted with some stiff wire from 8-bit guy (see https://youtu.be/Xa8IrMWXtYc&t=102).

Edit: He also has a neat way of using the pencil rubbing to accurately mount power strips if you look at the video before the time mark in the shared link.

2nd Edit: Shortened YT link.

I also used command strips to mount the PoE adapter. :slight_smile:

Not if you mount the unit right side up, with the command strips running vertically. Tabs on top with the strips aligned just so...

Oh, and precisely level... that's very important. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I originally mounted mine temporarily using this stuff while I was trying to figure some things out. I've been using it temporarily for a few years now. I use it to hold my hub in a vertical orientation now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075QDRJWZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The logo down messed with my OCD. I have mine mounted to a USD cooling fan with gorilla putty, and the fan mounted to the wall with the same putty. The hub is powered with a POE splitter. I haven't had time to make it perfectly level yet, but that doesn’t bother my OCD as much. I actually have a few clean up tasks i need to do, but i’m planning a larger project which will affect how this are is configured, so it isn't a priority.