How do I view all devices that are assigned to a room?

Sorry for all of the posts but I'm trying to learn HE and also migrate 85 devices and 40 pistons from ST to HE in less than a week and I'm fried.

I've moved a bunch of devices from ST to HE. Every device has been assigned a room. When I go into the device tab on this iOS app and look at a room I only see switches and dimmers, I want to see every device and its status for all devices that are assigned to that room. Moisture sensors don't show up even thought they're assigned to a room. Basically, I need to emulate ST's room view.

How do I see every device assigned to a room when viewing that room from the Device tab in the HE iOS app?

TIA for any help.

Edit: Edited for clarity.

There's some manual work in creating a dashboard. You have to create the dashboard, then allow acces to the dasboard for the devices you would like to see. Then you have to create tiles on the dashboard. Have a look at the documentation: Hubitat® Dashboard - Hubitat Documentation

Don't do it via the devices tab. Go to Tools, Connect to Hub, then look on the devices page there. Better still use a computer monitor for housekeeping and administration of the system. Or were you looking for something more like a dashboard that you can glance at wherever and whenever?

The devices tab on the app only shows switches and bulbs. You want to go to your devices pages on the hub and sort by rooms

Yes, that's correct. From the iOS app, I want to see all devices and their status grouped by the room in which the devices are located. It sounds like I may have to just create dashboards.

2 Likes

You will definitely have to use dashboards or Maker API with a third-party dashboard app like:

1 Like