How do I set the ramp rate on a Leviton DZ6HD?

It’s been a while since I’ve bought a Leviton DZ6HD. The manual used to have a way to set the ramp rate through the paddle. Now it says to use a compatible Z-wave hub and provides parameters to set. Does Hubitat provide a way to do set the ramp rate, or at least set the parameters they document? Docs

This is a good tool for setting random parameters on devices:

3 Likes

Thanks! I did find an alternate installation manual that had the through-the-paddle configuration. But it’s good to know about the parameter tool!

I’m absolutely dismayed to see such poor driver support for such a widely available product (I can go down to my local Home Depot and pick one up). It doesn’t support the features, doesn’t update firmware, etc.

Why is it this way? Is it a problem with Hubitat? Leviton?

1 Like

For almost all z-wave devices, the stock driver typically just supports the most basic / commonly-utilized features to help keep things simple. Those and any available additional parameters can always be set as you see fit using the tool Denny linked to above, or using a (commonly more robust) community driver if one is available.

Firmware updates are managed by the brand, not Hubitat. Leviton is notorious for poor or non-existent firmware support. That's one reason they are not a very popular device brand around here.

2 Likes

FWIW, I believe Leviton folk are working to improve things. But they are a large company, and it takes hard work and time to steer a ship that large.

1 Like

@Mark_T My custom driver will give you all the settings at your fingertips:

3 Likes

Just had a chance to try it. Works great! Thank you for creating it!

2 Likes