How do I resolve error messages?

I am using a Sonoff branded motion detector to turn on a light over my wife's makeup desk.

How do I resolve an error message like this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

dev:10692021-07-10 12:43:08.228 am errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: genericZigbeeMotionNoTemp.checkEventInterval() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (checkEventInterval)

dev:10692021-07-09 11:43:08.065 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: genericZigbeeMotionNoTemp.checkEventInterval() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (checkEventInterval)

dev:10692021-07-09 10:43:08.082 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: genericZigbeeMotionNoTemp.checkEventInterval() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (checkEventInterval)

--- Loading Past Logs... ---

You must have been previously using a community driver for this device (a popular one schedules a periodic job with that name, but that method does not exist in the stock driver--or probably most others).

An easy way to erase this job, thus getting rid of the error, would be to switch temporarily to Hubitat's "Device" driver, run the "Delete All Scheduled Jobs" command, then switch back to the driver you're using now. (A "Delete All States" wouldn't hurt either, but it's not related to this particular problem.)

1 Like

Thank you!

I did not know about this.

Is the old information left in the device or somewhere in Hubitat?

Does it persist after a device factory reset and re-discover?

Is this an issue with Z-Wave devices as well?

Is it good practice to just do this when changing drivers just in case?

So many questions.

Thank you again!

The information is stored in the "device" on the Hubitat side (the Hubitat database, which for devices handles things like device preferences/settings, state, and scheduled jobs). If you reset and rediscover the device, you won't erase this for Zigbee since Hubitat will recognize it as the same device and everything will still be there; for Z-Wave (or Zigbee if you delete the device first), it will be recognized as a new device and would technically address this issue but would likely be the most difficult way to "solve" the problem.

It can probably never hurt to clear scheduled jobs and state when switching drivers, but most drivers I've seen don't use scheduled jobs (at least not on a regular basis), and it's rare that state could be used in a way that interferes with something another driver does, so in most cases it's probably not a big deal. It is a good idea to hit "Configure" after changing drivers, though it's up to the driver what this does (besides generally sending configuration to a Zigbee device so it reports to the hub in the ways that the driver/user expects) and I'm not sure most would think to clear either of these. But again, shouldn't really matter with most. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did a lot of fiddling with drivers along the way.

After applying this fix to assorted devices this morning my logs are much cleaner.

I can't believe that I am just finding out about the "device" driver!

Now, if I could just get my LIFX bulbs to stop doing this (although it doesn't seem to hurt anything):