How do I refresh state of Hue lights?

My Hue bridge doesn't seem to respect the polling interval.

My interval is set to 1 minute:

Time now:

Next bridgePoll is in a little under 2 hours

Any suggestions @mike.maxwell ?

Set another interval and click done, then go back to 1 minute and click done. This usually fixes it.

Didn't fix it. :confused:

6 hours in between each pull atm.:

There's actually no polling scheduled in that screenshot. From what I can tell, the scheduled job for the regular poll/refresh of the Bridge is called poll(), whereas the one that attempts re-discovery (via SSDP) is bridgePoll(), but that just helps find the Bridge again in case its IP address changed.

I'm not sure why this isn't working, but it sounds like you've tried the idea of changing the setting, hitting Done, then going back in and choosing your desired setting and "Done"-ing out again. As a workaround, if you want to keep using Hubitat's built-in integration, I suppose you could create a rule with a periodic trigger that runs the "refresh" command on the Hue Bridge device every so often...

I believe I have the same issue. I was briefly looking at it before Christmas and I came to the conclusion then that the Hue polling (still) doesn’t work. I’ve also tried setting and resetting the polling interval. I don’t think I have ever had polling working and I’ve had a few new installations of the Hue bridge and various HE hubs and versions (from 2.0.7 I think).

I would recommend you check out @bertabcd1234's CoCoHue. You won't regret it and I can almost guarantee your polling bug will be solved.

1 Like

Work's like a charm! Bug was resolved instantly! Thanks! :star:

@mattias Maybe this will help you aswell? :slight_smile:

I’ll give it a go :slight_smile: I’ve got other issues with Hue as well at the moment so it would be interesting to see if they resolve themselves as well.

i have hue polling set to one minute..i just tested it and it is working fine for me.. running 2.2.3.148

Same issue for me - running version 2.2.8.156 - polling set to 1min, changed it, changed it back, but it just doesn't update at all. I am referring specifically to hue light groups here. Any thoughts?