How do I manually install Release 2.3.4.153?

I do not want to upgrade to 2.3.5 at this time.
C-5 is currently on 2.3.4.133.

How doe I manually upgrade to 2.3.4.153?

You can try your hub’s IP with :8081 to see what platform updates are available…

In that screen there's only "Download latest version".
I'm assuming that's the same functionality as the normal GUI which would update to the latest 2.3.5 version.
Is there some other option that should exist there?

You can browse this conversation and see if it helps:

https://community.hubitat.com/t/2-3-5-117-downgrade-to-2-3-5-101/115615/3

I get this response trying to access the link: Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

Is there a summary of the steps available?

Is there a particular reason you want to be on 2.3.4? Release 2.3.5 is nearly the same, just coinciding with the release of the C-8, and most of the recent fixes/changes concern only the C-8. Beyond that, there are a few app and driver fixes that would apply to any model. If you have a specific problem you're concerned about, that would be good to know. Perhaps some troubleshooting could be done?

That being said, hitting the endpoint <yourHubIp>/hub/advanced/downloadPlatform/234 (and waiting a few minutes for it to complete--you won't see anything) will make it available in the Diagnostic Tool if you want to try.

Essentially because as stated most of the fixes/changes in 2.3.5 are for the C8.
I don't have a specific issue or concern, at least not yet.

Interestingly enough, hitting the endpoint brought in 2.3.4.160...for which I don't see release notes...

Using the endpoint you can add an image to the hub, but it's only one per minor version.

/hub/advanced/downloadPlatform/234 <-- downloads the final v2.3.4 version, which is .159
/hub/advanced/downloadPlatform/233 <-- downloads the final v2.3.3 version, which is .140

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 11.13.56 AM

2 Likes

But not all.

2 Likes

I ended up with .160...

True, yes...

Then why not 2.3.5? That's what I'd recommend since it sounds like you don't have a specific reason. Your choice, of course, at least within what's available. It should be noted that C-8–specific changes won't affect the C-7, the only issue I see you mentioned (with one exception that some beta testers a while back may have encountered, but it doesn't look like you were one), and as mentioned above, there have been other fixes for apps, drivers, etc., that would affect any model.

I don't remember that one existing, but I guess that's what it is, then. :slight_smile: But again, I'd suggest 2.3.5 if you didn't run into a problem you're trying to address by doing this.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.