How do i display and send parameters to a device

I can't believe I'm the first one to ask this question but I can't find any similar questions in the forums.

I'm having some issues with an Aeon Multisensor 6's motion detection. I have a number of them and one won't detect motion consistently. The Aeon sensor has parameter values I'd like to see what the current parameter settings are and then maybe change them.

1. is there a way to see the current settings for the parameters on a device?
  2. How can I send a new value to a parameter? I'd like to send a new PIR reset timer value.
  3. What does the configure button really do?
  4. How can I see the firmware version of the device?

If you change the driver to Device you can see and set parameters. You should try @csteele’s Multisensor driver since it exposes more than the inbuilt one.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/AeotecMultiSensor6/master/AeotecMultiSensor6.groovy

1 Like

I use the Basic Z-Wave tool for parameter changes -- it installs as a driver, and works great.

2 Likes

I updated the AeotecMultiSensor6 driver last year to include much of the Basic ZWave Tool, just to ease the task of flipping back and forth.

Get and Set Parameter are directly from Mike's tool (with his permission and acknowledgement in the code.)

3 Likes