How Could A Spare Hub Be Used For Graceful Shutdown And Power Cycle?

I think I'll wire up a spare ZEN16 relay. Power the relay with 5vdc usb from a battery, then hook up a separate 5vdc usb from the battery that is interrupted by the relay.

Well, I did it without smoking the hub.
Onward to the rules...later.

I have a switch on the C-8 dashboard to gracefully shut it down and then power cycle.

Next stop, rules.
I figure Z-wave crash for sure.
And Zigbee radio off for more than a minute.

1 Like

As an update:

I have Z-Wave crash and Zigbee radio off for more than five minutes. It took 1.5 minutes to reboot once, so I extended it.

I just added a memory low rule. I'm reluctant to use the fine Hub Info app because I'm paranoid about using too much memory, I don't know what I'm doing with it, and I'm only interested, for now, in memory.

I read in another thread about doing a GET for the free memory and storing it in a local string variable. I converted it to a hub variable number and made a rule so that if it went below 175000, it would do its thing.

I'm including the stuff below not only for others, because I'm sure it's not that complex, but for my future reference. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also have a tile that refreshes hourly:

Can you provide some detail on the adapters you used for PoE to the Caseta, Hue and HE hubs? I am all UniFi and really like this idea...

I have been using the Utronics PoE Splitters found on Amazon.

For USB-C - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087F4QCTR (Hubitat C-8 Hub)
For microUSB - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CNKX14C (Hubitat C-5/C-7 Hub, Lutron Caseta Smartbridge Pro)

The Philips Hue bridge needs a barrel connector, I bought some microUSB to Barrel adapters. I found them on eBay - similar to DC 5.5x2.1mm Male Plug To Micro USB Female Connector Adapter Charge Converter-r- | eBay (the exact ones that I bought are no longer being sold.)

These days, I would probably try to buy USB-C to 5.5/2.1mm barrel connector adapters to be used with USB-C PoE adapters, as more and more devices are now USB-C instead of microUSB.