How can I sync some of my lights/controllers in my home?

I have some Magic Home RGBW rope/led light controllers I want to have sync'd together. Is this possible? I looked for an easy solution and found Virtual Device Sync app, but don't think it works or I guess I don't know how to make it work with my Magic Home devices.

I started creating a rule in Rule Machine to look for three changes: Dimmer Level, Color, and Switch - but I don't know how to change the value that was changed to the other device. Seems like it's something that would be rather easy to adjust - I tinkered with custom variables, but don't see how to capture the changed value to the variable to set the 2nd device with that variable...

Anyone have some guidance on this topic?

In a nutshell: I want my 2nd set of rope lights to follow what my first set of rope lights do. So if I change Rope1 to RED, I want Rope2 to be red... If Rope1 turns off, Rope2 turns off. If I dim Rope1 to 10%, I want Rope2 to be set to 10% too... easy?

(There are other rooms in my house with multiple light sources that would be neat to sync dim levels on as well, but that's a different item on the backburner for now)

One suggestion is to use the Mirror built-in app. I use it to slave an LED controller with a remote, but I believe it may help in your instance.

1 Like

Hahaha I haven't even looked at the built in apps for almost 2 years... that's hilarious. Wow - such an easy solution thank you!

2 Likes