How can I send the status of door sensors and locks to Macrodroid or Tasker?

I have an automation in Macrodroid which is triggered when I receive a Nest notification that my mom is at the door. I send a hubitat webhook to unlock the front door (via Macrodroid).

This works well except when my mom is leaving my house. When she walks out I lock the door and then the Nest doorbell sees her and sends me the same notification. I obviously don't want the door unlocked in this situation.

What is the best way to solve this issue? My thought is that if Macrodroid knows that the door was closed or locked within the last minute it should not unlock the door again. I just don't know how to send the door and lock status to Macrodroid. Any ideas?

Not sure about macrodroid, but I am able to do something like this in Tasker using AutoNotification and Tasker variables. You can send an update to the value of a variable from HE as a http get call in an RM Rule, interpret that in Tasker, setting the variable, then do whatever you want off the back of the variable changing.

I set this up recently to send the current mode to my phone and tablet and adjust settings like brightness and volume in certain modes. Been meaning to do a short write-up about it...

2 Likes

Autonotification also works with Macrodroid but in case I run into issues I'm comfortable using Tasker as well. A writeup would be greatly appreciated.

No worries, let me see what I can pull together in the next little while...

Sorry, that should have read AutoRemote.... Rather than AutoNotification. Almost done with some notes.
Here's the post. I'll try to add some screenshots later.

Although you can easily send back the status to Macrodroid, I wouldn't go that route. Instead, use the variables in macrodoid to control when to unlock and when to not. Use the IF/ELSE clause in your macro to determine when to send the command to Hubitat.

Something along these lines:

1 Like

Ah okay I see the logic you're using. Yeah let me give that a try.

1 Like

If you want to go the other way around, and have the status in macrodroid updated from Hubitat, let me know, and can help you with that too.

For example, the status of the highlighted kwgt widgets is updated by Macrodoid with status pushed from Hubitat:

1 Like

I would love to know how to do this