How can I get lights to make color/brightness changes immediately with no sensitivity to prior states?

Many times, if I change the setting of a bulb, it will make some unwanted transitions before settling down on the desired state. Here's a specific example.

• Room lights start 100% bright in CT mode
  • Activate a scene that changes all lights to various RGB colors
  • Activate a scene that switches back to CT mode with low brightness: the lights first switch to 100% bright CT, then ramp down to the correct dimness level

So, I often get unwanted artifacts like a flash of 100% bright light when I want to switch from one dim scene to a different dim scene. This doesn't matter in lots of places, as the lights could be on timers in rooms that are unoccupied at the time. But it's a drag when you are in the room pushing buttons on a remote.

What are best practices to set up smooth light transitions? I would even sacrifice ramp up/down effects if it would help.

The bulbs I am thinking of are Sengled, but I think I have seen similar things on other brands.

I am not using any Smart Bulb but recently played with multiple Zigbee, ZWave and finally Matter RGB(WC) controllers. All these toys are doing who knows what before going to the desired state. I have no idea is this Devices themself of Drivers are responsible for the very undesired behavior.
My solution for the Color Strips is Pixel LEDs driven by Pixelblaze (these are a bit DYI projects). The Pixelblaze HE driver provides very clear full control. For the Bulbs I am using regular dimmable (2700K is preferred CT, no color bulbs) LED Bulbs with Zigbee/Zwave dimmers.